Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MORALITY

What is morality?
What is good and what is bad?
Is there anything good or bad?
Is there any virtue in bing what people call good?
Is there anything bad or condemnable in being bad?
Is there any price that we pay for being bad?

These are some of the questions that have perplexed and confused my mind ever since i started my journey on the path to spiritual and hence essentially total enlightenment.

Every religion,preacher,sect,teacher has laid stress on the fact that good deeds are the foundation of all good fruits.
My reading of various philosophers and preachers has brought to my notice this very thing.

But the one thing that still doesn't seem clear to me is the unphilosophical and illogical approach taken by these people when they explain,if they do,as to what is definitely good and what is bad?
Is good bad a matter of opinion or is it something fundamental like mortal life.

No comments: